One of the most fundamental requirements that the world trade organization (WTO) always emphasizes is quality of products and services according to standard specifications requirements of the international standardization organization (ISO), since we notice in this time which has a lot of competitiveness, we find that one of the most important features of the leading countries and companies that distinguishes them from the others, is their adherence to standard specifications according to international criteria for all of their products and services, for the favor of their country’s economy stability.
For that particular reason, we founded Facile Company For Quality Management Systems Ltd in Iraq in 2016 and it works on :
1- Assisting companies, governmental facilities and private sector to obtain ISO certificate through its collaboration with many international accreditation bodies which are authorized by international accreditation forum (IAF) .
2- Training technical and engineering staff through all specialized courses in order for participants to get specialized international certificates from international training bodies, for instance :
Internal auditors preparation course, or auditors chief for all quality management systems and certified be international organizations, participants in which obtain OASH certificate – training course that is specialized in occupational health and safety from the American institute for occupational health and safety.
3- Training courses to develop and improve human resources for all companies and foundations in the field of projects management, strategic planning and feasibility studies and so on.
Why corporations seek to obtain ISO certifications?
Companies in the Middle East and in the whole world with all kinds and activities to get certified be ISO regarding different quality systems including ISO certificates that enable them to:
Develop their works by obtaining certificates for global quality systems requirements which are recognized and applied on a wide range all over the world.
Meet requirements and conditions in the Middle East and the whole world and on regional and international level as companies that hold ISO certificate as a condition to get authorized as suppliers and service providers.
Obtain certificates of global quality requirements that reflects their efficiency that is achieved by customers’ satisfaction with their services and products, and that can be achieved through creation and application of quality systems, quality control and quality assurance.
Achieve internal effectiveness by limiting mistakes and wasted resources, which leads to sustainable improvement, and all of that would lead to increase the scale of company’s business, enter new markets and represent a bigger share of the market.
ISO certificates issuers On behalf of the customer (the entity that issue ISO certificates is a third party and different from the ISO holder) Quality consultant, our services of giving our customers ISO certificates are subject to certain specifications of ISO or one of quality systems.
The issuer of ISO certificates assesses the customer’s system regarding ISO specifications requirements or quality systems by authorized auditors. The strengths of ISO issuers lie in meeting several standards including the following :
- The range of specifications authorization.
- The range of authorization of the fields that they can certify.
- From whom they are authorized.
- How many ISO certificates they issue annually.
- The total number of ISO certificates they issued.
Accreditation Bodies :
The authorization process implies an acknowledgment by a specialized entity, ISO Accreditation Company, that the issuer is an entity that is specialized in providing services of issuing certificates in certain sectors. Accreditation bodies include: The United Kingdom accreditation services (UKAS), American national accreditation board (ANAB), Swiss accreditation society (SAS), Turkish accreditation body (Turkak), Dubai international accreditation center (DAC) and Australian accreditation body (JAS – ANZ)
Quality management system ISO 9001:2008
Quality management system ISO 9001:2000 – 9001:2008 is an operational management system that leads to produce goods or provide services effectively and efficiently. And that is the main key of companies’ methodology to achieve quality in a way that reflects the principles of administrative practices which should be also of a high quality.
Benefits of obtaining the certificate ISO 9001:2000 – 9001:2008 :
Whenever companies meet those specifications, no matter what their activities are, they benefit a lot from obtaining the certificate ISO 9001:2000 – 9001:2008, and from those benefits are the following :
- Gaining competitive advantages and increasing marketing opportunities through entering new markets.
- Meeting increasing customers’ needs, reaching higher rates of customer satisfaction and reducing risks in not meeting customers’ expectations.
- Cutting down expenses, by easing translation into other languages.
- Improving customers’ confidence in products and services.
- Better supervision of internal processes and making them flow more smoothly – consistency on products and services level and sustainable improvement.
- Optimization of consuming resources and time.
- Limiting wastes in products or recycling them.
- Working with governmental entities requires the application of ISO 9001:2000 – 9001:2008 in tendering documents and purchasing specifications.
- Certification that the company sticks to quality standards, besides applying policies and procedures with better awareness of quality by workers, plus motivating higher managers and staff to achieve higher performance rates.
- Improving internal communication and raising spirits and career satisfaction among working teams.
Environment management system ISO 14001:2004
Environment management system represents internationally adopted specifications to decide the requirements of creation and application of environmental management system that can help in dealing with environmental aspects of the facility or those are expected to get affected by the facility .
Beneficiaries of applying ISO 14001:2004 :
Applying ISO 14001:2004 requirements is basically related to facilities that have environmental responsibilities, which have some activities that have direct and indirect effects on the environment, or when their activities are affected by the environment.
Benefits of obtaining ISO 14001:2004 :
Applying environmental management system helps in determining environmental opportunities and risks, besides setting new set of goals in this frame. Therefore, environmental management affects the fundamental processes of the company positively through improving operations, which can be achieved through the following advantages :
- Enhancing effectiveness of utilization of energy, raw materials and natural resources (cutting down waste) to reduce expenses and boost profits.
- Confirming commitment with legal and legislative requirements.
- Improving company’s image before customers, stakeholders and legislative entities.
- Meeting standards that investors require and improving financing opportunities.
- Achieving more effective processes and better control over expenses.
- Limiting the odds of adding consequences and responsibilities to the company.
Occupational safety and health management system OHSAS 18001:2007
Occupational safety and health management system OHSAS 18001:2007 was set to help different entities to determine, assess and watch different work conditions that might cause injuries to workers or put their health in danger. This system focuses on the nature and types of dangers on health and occupational safety, work restrictions and their effects on workers’ health, besides performance enhancement standards in general.
Beneficiaries of applying OHSAS 18001:2007 :
OHSAS 18001:2007 can be applied on all work entities, no matter their sizes and fields are, especially, those ones that have large number of workers, huge projects or highly hazardous environments.
Benefits of obtaining OHSAS 18001:2007 :
There are several advantages of obtaining certificates like OHSAS 18001:2007 :
- Determining risky positions and assessing dangers, therefore, setting up emergency plans.
- Providing safety for workers who work in dangerous fields.
- Prevent or reduce accidents, therefore, cutting down their high expenses.
- Raise level of awareness of occupational safety and health for workers.
- Setting up a system to manage occupational safety and health to reduce staff exposure to dangers that threaten occupational safety and health that is connected to current or future work activities.
- Improving the overall image of the company, and obtaining the international acknowledgment which, in turn, helps opening novel markets ahead of company.
Food safety management system ISO 22000:2005
Customer satisfaction, profitability and market leading are all motivators to offer sound nutritive products. Nowadays there is an increasing global attitude to meet customer expectations regarding food safety, which can be accomplished by application of ISO 22000:2005
Beneficiaries of application of ISO 22000:2005 specifications :
This specification aims to apply oversight systems over entities that produce food or provide food-related services.
Benefits of obtaining ISO 22000:2005 certificate :
ISO 22000:2005 determines a specification for food safety Requirements that qualify a company :
- Planning, application, implementation, and maintaining a system for food safety management that aims to provide safe products in accordance with desired purpose.
- Compliance with legal and legislative requirements that are related to food safety.
- Effectively delivering the concept of food safety to suppliers, customers and other parties that are concerned with supply chain in nutrition field.
- Assessment of compliance of nutritive products with safety specifications.
- Understanding the actual dangers that may face consumers or the company alike.
- Providing an effective tool to improve performance in the field of food safety and procedures to oversee and measure that performance.
- Conserving resources through reducing auditing processes on overlapping systems.
Laboratories certification system ISO/IE/C 17025:2005
Requirements of measurement labs effectiveness
Laboratories certification system ISO/IE/C 17025:2005 determines efficiency of labs regarding doing examinations and measurements using standard or non-standard methods in order to indicate the following points:
- Those labs work in accordance with quality systems.
- Those labs are technically efficient.
- Those labs are capable to provide technically correct results.
Beneficiaries of applying ISO/IE/C 17025:2005 specification:
ISO/IE/C 17025:2005 specification can be applied on all entities that perform examinations, including for example, labs that perform examinations as first, second or third party, in addition to labs that do examinations as a part of requirements to issue an examination certificate or product conformation.
This specification can be applied to any entity whatever its activity is, it is designed to selectively assure applying security restrictions that suit the activity and protect informational assets in any facility, nevertheless, the most important beneficiaries are, banks, investment companies, technical solutions providers, smart products, industrial companies, companies that have grand confidential secrets regarding trading, consultancy firms and lawyering firms …. Etc. In addition to governmental facilities, military facilities and security facilities that are relevant.
Benefits that labs gain from obtaining ISO/IE/C 17025:2005 certificate :
Obtaining ISO/IE/C 17025:2005 certificate gives labs and their works very important advantages, for example:
- Enhancing lab’s efficiency, therefore, gain acknowledgment locally and internationally.
- Building confidence with customers regarding examination results effectiveness as they are from a certified lab.
- Accepting examination certificates from labs that are certified by Thai institute for industrial specifications (TISI), one of member countries of mutual acknowledgment agreement of technical conformation issued from the international body for labs accreditation (ILAC) and Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC).
- Facilitating trading in local and international markets and limiting technical obstacles that may face this trading, as examinations won’t be redone in importing countries.
- Lab would be certified by legislative entities as an examination unit.
- Information security and confidentiality system ISO/IEC 27001:2005.
- The international specification ISO/IEC 27001:2005 identifies requirements of creating, applying, operating, overseeing, maintaining and improving documented system to manage information security and confidentiality through the general frame of managing risks of working inside companies and foundations.
- The specification also identifies requirements of applying restrictions for information security and confidentiality in a way that meets company’s needs or some departments of it.
Benefits of obtaining ISO/IE/C 17025:2005 certificate:
Applying ISO/IE/C 17025:2005 specification suits many different uses including:
- Forming the requirements and goals of information security and confidentiality.
- Risk management through setting up regulations that are economically suitable to information systems.
- Continuous awareness of new threats and cases of facing different risks and taking them into consideration in a decent manner with constant supervision.
- Dealing with accidents and risks from protection perspective and sustainable improving in the system.
- Assuring commitment with laws and regulations.
- Providing information related to policies, instructions, specifications and procedures of information security and confidentiality to business partners and other foundations that the company works with for operational or commercial purposes.
- Helping internal and external auditors to determine the level of adherence to policies, instructions and specifications applied by the company.
- Creating awareness of importance of information security among employees, and assuring the availability of information even in crises or disasters.